Parents are reminded that the round-about at the front of the school is not an extension of Kurts Street. The round-about is on school property. We have established usage procedures that are designed to ensure the safety of our students and minimise congestion of peak periods. I would remind all round-about users of the following procedures to be followed:
* Speed limit is set at 8km/h at all times
* Parking is never allowed in the staff car park, in specially signed car parks, and in areas where there is NO PARKING written on the ground in large lettering e.g. in front of the industrial bin enclosure. (Parents are encouraged to park in one of the surrounding streets)
* When you collect your children on foot, please use the crossing and footpath. If you walk your children through round-about traffic, you are asking your child to break the school rules, you risk your own safety and you model unsafe behaviour to young children.
* The after school pick-up period from 3:00 to 3:20pm operates under a queueing system. There is not enough space to operate two lanes of traffic and we do not wish to place your children in an unsafe situation by allowing them to walk between cars to board a double parked vehicle. Perhaps if you are in a hurry, another pick up point in surrounding streets should be arranged with your child.
* The round-about is only busy for the first 10 minutes after school finishes. If you delay your pick-up time you won't have as long to wait. However, if you do come early and your child is not there, you must circle the round-about rather than hold up other parents waiting behind you.
* Never park and leave your vehicle in the pick-up zone. Delivery vehicles, buses and machinery can arrive before and after school and cars parked in front of A block have caused issues in the past.
* No cars should park in the disabled car park.
When all users obey these simple procedures, traffic moves continuously and students can be collected from school safely.